WOW! The other day when everyone was posting pictures of all the snow they received I, however, did not get any. =( Imagine my disappointment, well rather my kids' disappointment.
Today was the best day ever! We got so much snow. It started snowing around 9 this morning and has not stopped. When it first started it looked just like this....

...No snow that stuck on the ground. =( I had not been too sad about it because I've been freezing my butt off for the past couple days. It's not like me to be cold. I was still wearing flip-flops to get Natalie from school up until last week. Anyway, a couple hours later, around lunchtime or so, my car looked like this....

...a little bit was sticking but not too much to build anything in. Plus it was all on top of my car and the gazebo in the backyard. The kids were so excited just to see something other than the normal sites we see every day. It started snowing a little harder and then the backyard looked like this....

...there was probably about a good 2-3 inches by this point. The kids were having a blast. They kept yelling through the door saying, "Mom, look how many footprints I made!" It was fun having them yell through the door saying things like that. Quite amusing. Of course this is not the most we got. These next pictures I took no more than an hour ago....

There was so much snow all over the place. Even when we stepped in it our footprints would be covered up within minutes.

Look! We even have enough snow left over to build about 10 more snowmen! Too bad I live so far away. Vance could come play with us and build an army of snowmen.
So for playing all day in the snow I'd say the kids were pretty cold and very numb. All of their hands were red. So of course we do the best thing we could do for cold, numb hands. We made hot chocolate of course! =) We had very good and very warm hot chocolate. It even had the little marshmallows in it already!! We finally got our snow and now sitting very warm in the house by the fire drinking hot chocolate. Life is grand.
4 comments:
How wonderful!! Looks like you all had fun! I love your backyard... it looks so nice and peaceful!
That's so funny! My mom sent me pics too and it looked just like Utah! CRAZY!
Life may be grand for you, but due to that snow my flight was cancelled and I am stranded in San Francisco! Stupid snow!
maybe it will come again while we are there so reed can make a snowman! 5 days and counting!
Post a Comment